David A. Bieganowski
I am one of only a small handful of attorneys in the Traverse City area that specializes in real estate. Besides normal buy and sell transactions, I do a lot of strange and unusual real estate cases like boundary line disputes, adverse possession, easement issues, riparian rights, plat amendments, road vacations, deed restrictions, restrictive covenants, condo and subdivision issues, survey problems, quiet title, etc.
I also represent municipalities like townships and villages. I handle land use and zoning matters for developers, land owners and municipalities. I also handle most business and contract cases. I set up LLC’s, Corporations and S Corporations and will handle the sale of businesses.
I handle trusts, probates and probate litigation as part of my estate planning practice.
DAVID BIEGANOWSKI is a native of northern Michigan and a graduate from Boyne City High School. He has an undergrad degree in finance from Walsh College in Troy, MI and a law degree from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. He served in the United States Marine Corps from 1982-1987 where he spent most of his enlistment as an Embassy Security Guard in Africa and Europe.
David currently holds an elected position on the Green Lake Township Board of Trustees and formerly sat on the Grand Traverse County Planning Commission and Grand Traverse County Concealed Weapons Licensing Board. He is a SCORE Counselor and a Court approved mediator and case evaluator. He is a member of the Marine Corps League, and volunteers for the Conflict Resolution Service, Boy Scouts and the Third Level Crisis Center.
David is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hunting, fishing and picking morels. He is active in all the shooting sports as a participant and instructor. He is an NRA certified firearms instructor, MCRGO CPL instructor, and NRA range safety officer. David teaches both the legal and firearms portion of Concealed Pistol License classes and has had over 3,500 students since 2001. He is also a DNR Hunter's Safety Instructor and woodworker.
- Township Trustee - Green Lake Township (Elected Position – 4th term)
- Grand Traverse County Planning Commission 2007-2013 (Chairman in 2013)
- Grand Traverse County Concealed Weapons Licensing Board Member (7 years)
- Michigan Townships Association (MTA)
- Michigan Association of Municipal Attorneys (MAMA)
- Former Officer – Yagel Bros. Detachment – Marine Corps League
- Past Director - Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC)
- Past Secretary & Board Member - Cedar Rod & Gun Club
- Instructor – DNR Hunter’s Safety Program
- NRA Firearms Instructor (over 3,500 students)
- Volunteer Mediator for Conflict Resolution Services
- Volunteer for Third Level Crisis Center
- SCORE Counselor